Thank you for your interest in Belle of the Ball. Working at Belle of the Ball means doing what you love. Belle of the Ball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We welcome candidates from various backgrounds that share our desire and passion for event planning, wedding planning, and making fairy tales come to life. You should join us during this exciting time in our development. Please review our available positions below.
The acceptance period for resumes for the SUMMER 2013 Internship is now CLOSED. Please check back in JULY when we begin accepting resumes for the FALL 2013 Internship.*
*Please note that we will begin accepting and reviewing resumes from Fall Internship candidates in JULY. Due to the volume of resumes received, we will be unable to respond to internship inquiries or resume submissions received before that time. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding! We look forward to hearing from you in July!
The successful internship candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
- Organization and a sense of priority
- Consistent and timely follow-up on assigned tasks
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, punctuation, and a refrain from slang
- Confidence, poise, and courteousness in interfacing with clients and vendors
- A sense of initiative and proactivity in completing tasks
- Professional, polished appearance
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- College degreed-candidates or those currently working toward their college degree are preferred
Internship hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 AM to 4 PM. Hours will also include Friday evenings when ceremony rehearsals are held, as well as event-day assistance. (Event-day hours vary by event, but generally begin in the mid-afternoon and go until mid- to late-evening).
Responsibilities include the following
- Taking potential client phone calls
- Setting and confirming appointments
- Running errands and wedding-related tasks
- Daily and timely follow-up of tasks assigned by each consultant
- Maintaining a neat office appearance
- Preparing meeting room prior to client meetings
- Retrieving and sorting daily mail
- Assisting at Wedding Rehearsals and on Event Days
Internships are unpaid, except for event-days where pay will vary per event.