Thank you for your interest in Belle of the Ball. Working at Belle of the Ball means doing what you love. Belle of the Ball is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We welcome candidates from various backgrounds that share our desire and passion for event planning, wedding planning, and making fairy tales come to life. You should join us during this exciting time in our development. Please review our available positions below.
Interested applicants should ensure the below qualifications are a fit and e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the volume of resumes received, we regret that we will be unable to respond to all internship inquiries or resume submissions but we will advise if you are selected for a preliminary interview. If you are going to use this internship for college course credit please include as much detail in your email about what needs to be completed by Belle of the Ball for you to receive full credit.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding! We look forward to hearing from you!
The successful internship candidate will exhibit the following qualities:
- For Fall Semester Internships, we conduct interviews in July. The Fall Semester is considered late August through early January.
- For Spring Semester Internships, we conduct interviews in October. The Spring Semester is considered early January through the end of May.
- For Summer Internships, we conduct interviews in March. The Summer Semester is considered late May through late August.
- Organization and a sense of priority
- Consistent and timely follow-up on assigned tasks
- Excellent writing skills, including proper spelling, punctuation, and a refrain from slang
- Confidence, poise, and courteousness in interfacing with clients and vendors
- A sense of initiative and proactivity in completing tasks
- Professional, polished appearance
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- College degreed-candidates or those currently working toward their college degree are preferred
Internship hours are Tuesday through Friday, 10 AM to 4 PM. Hours will also include Friday evenings when ceremony rehearsals are held, as well as event-day assistance. (Event-day hours vary by event, but generally begin in the mid-afternoon and go until mid- to late-evening).
Responsibilities include the following
- Taking potential client phone calls
- Setting and confirming appointments
- Running errands and wedding-related tasks
- Daily and timely follow-up of tasks assigned by each consultant
- Maintaining a neat office appearance
- Preparing meeting room prior to client meetings
- Retrieving and sorting daily mail
- Assisting at Wedding Rehearsals and on Event Days
Internships are unpaid, except for event-days where pay will vary per event.